VBP FORWARD OVERVIEW
VBP Forward is a conference dedicated to the next generation of value based payment. As healthcare payment shifts to value, there are growing complexities to healthcare delivery and sustainability. This is most pronounced for high need and high cost patients. VBP Forward is dedicated to service delivery institutions outside acute care offering immense value to patient outcomes. The conference is geared towards organizations that service Medicaid and Medicare special needs or complex populations or have interest in that value chain. This inaugural event held in Buffalo, NY – with Jason Helgerson as the keynote speaker – will provide a roadmap for those organizations in their path towards effective VBP for special needs populations.
The goal of the conference will be to provide both mature and nascent VBP organizations a roadmap for how to identify need, develop value, contract on risk, and implement population health solutions.
OBJECTIVE 1: STRATEGY & RISK
- This will explore risk identification, data analysis, and the planning steps to understand what customer value can be achieved through VBP.
- Sessions will include identifying cost and quality opportunities, care gaps, and utilization roadmaps.
OBJECTIVE 2: PLANNING
- This will explore the steps to implement a VBP program upon identification of population value and risk.
- Sessions will include network design, data strategy, and contracting.
OBJECTIVE 3: IMPLEMENTATION
- This will dive into the implementation steps to actualize a VBP contact.
- Sessions will include care coordination, measuring impact, managing patient steerage, innovation in care delivery, and new community based service models.
- Attendees will walk away with a roadmap for how to build VBP agreements that drive both value to their institution and to their patients.